About Social Nature
At Social Nature, we believe in a future where our grocery stores are full of amazing better-for-you products that are healthier for our bodies and the planet. We are blessed to have a growing community of over 500,000 natural product shoppers across North America come to Social Nature to discover, try, and review new products that are aligned with their health and lifestyle values and preferences.
And at the same time, hundreds of better-for-you brands (like Bob’s Red Mill, So Delicious, Lightlife) subscribe to our SaaS solution to help them leverage the consumer demand data generated by our community to get their products on more retail shelves and into the hands of more customers.
We recently closed our second round of growth financing from an amazing group of strategic investors (like Active Impact Investments an impact focused VC fund that supports companies working towards UN sustainability goals, Scott Lake the Co-Founder of Shopify, and Charles Chang the Founder of VEGA) to fuel our next phase of exciting growth and expansion.
And now we are looking to recruit more great talent, like yourself (wink) to join our amazing and talented team to help us transform the consumer packaged goods (CPG) space into one that is healthier for all of us and the planet.
Our team thrives at the intersection of passion, purpose and performance. We are a team that makes it happen, is customer obsessed, keeps it real, is focused on impact, continuously improves our craft, and is motivated by our shared destiny.
Senior Software Engineer – Role Description & Responsibilities
This position is critical to the growth of the company. Not only will you have a direct impact on the bottom line, you will also be a key player in the continued high-speed growth of a tech company that is disrupting the consumer packaged goods industry.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
A Taste of What You’ll Be Working On:
- An efficient personalized product recommendation system for our users that supports discovery and engagement across thousands of better-for-you products on our platform.
- A scalable event based notification system delivering timely messages through different channels to engage our users around key actions.
- A better-for-you product index that uses predictive analytics to provide insights useful to our customers and partners.
We’re Looking For:
An analytical, hands-on team player who loves what they do, has opinions, are excited about software trends, and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You have shipped multiple high customer impact use cases through simple and effective solutions, in a highly trafficked customer-facing product.
The ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 7 years of programming experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Able to prioritize Customer, Team, and Business ahead of everything else on a consistent basis.
- Experience with at least one server-side technology stack (we use .NET/Go)
- Experience writing SQL and designing relational schemas
- Knowledge of command-line Linux administration (we make full use AWS and love our Cloud infrastructure)
- Write appropriate level of tests to protect customer experience.
- Incorporate meaningful metrics into new services and functionality you build and evangelize them.
- Work closely with the product team and innovate on game-changing ideas for the Customer.
- Create discussions around architecture and code design choices where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and best practices, and incorporate them into our workflows
- Mentor and inspire junior developers
Why Work With Us:
- You get to work with a forward-thinking tech company on a mission to help bring more natural/organic products into the market.
- HUGE opportunity for career growth. We’re a 20 person (and growing!) funded start-up at a critical high-growth stage. Our staff are encouraged to think big and embrace an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll learn more here than anywhere else, and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
- A competitive compensation package including salary, performance bonus, employee stock options, 3 weeks vacation plus a winter holiday flex week, and comprehensive health/dental benefits including a $1,000 annual wellness spending account to spend on anything that improves your mental and physical health.
- A bright downtown office with green living walls, a collaborative team environment, professional development opportunities, quarterly team events, annual company retreat, and lots of natural snacks and fair trade coffee/tea to keep you fuelled!
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our website or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Software Engineer.