One of the ways we love to #trynatural at SocialNature is by using the things we have in unexpected ways! When we got our hands on one of the Rocket Foods Red Berry Blues Oatmeal Cups, we were excited to do something other than make (delicious, amazing, all natural) oatmeal.
Oatmeal cups are meant for busy people on the go so we knew that whatever we did with these cups needed to match the easy on the go convenience. We thought about what we love to do most with oatmeal other than have a warm yummy cup of steamy oatmeal for breakfast, and suddenly the answer was clear – cookies!
These cookies are quick and easy – each recipe makes one cookie. They take about 5 minutes to throw together and can bake while you shower for the perfect guilt-free, wheat/gluten free, completely vegan breakfast on the go!
Oatmeal Cup Single Bake Cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cookie
- 3 tablespoons of your favourite Rocket Foods Oatmeal Cup (note: 1 cup contains enough for 3 cookies!) – or 3 tablespoons of your preferred rolled oats or oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of ground cashews or almonds – or for a nut free version, ground seeds of your choice. We suggest pumpkin or sunflower!
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon of mashed banana (about 2 inches worth of banana!)
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia egg (1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds + 1 1/2 teaspoons of water)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (or nut milk of your choice)
- pinch of salt
Pre-heat your oven to 350. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
In a small bowl, make your chia egg by combining chia seeds and water. Set aside.
In another small bowl, mash your chunk of banana. Then, add remaining ingredients: oatmeal, ground nuts or seeds, coconut oil, vanilla, almond milk and salt. Last, add your chia egg. Mix thoroughly.
Place your dough mixture on your cookie sheet and form into a cookie. You should easily be able to form one flat cookie about the size of a veggie burger.
Put in the oven, and set a timer for 20 minutes. Hope in the shower, brush your teeth, or do whatever else you need to get done. When 20 minutes has passed your cookie should be warm, browned on the bottom, and still slightly soft. Enjoy!
Note: We made 3 cookies at once in 3 separate small bowls. It worked great and used up all the oatmeal in our cup!