As much as we love chocolate and oatmeal, the team at SocialNature was super excited when we heard we’d be running a campaign with Alpha Health for their Premium Energy Oils. These oils are not only organic and vegan, but they are made from fair-trade ingredients AND are optimized for keytones while being high in Omega-3 polyunsaturated fats. Wowza!
We love these oils because not only are they the perfect vegan alternative to *ahem* fish breath for those of us who are conscious about our Omega-3s intake, but they aren’t your typical omega-3 oil supplement. Designed to be used as a part of your daily diet, these oils make great replacements for your regular cooking oil or salad dressing or smoothie addition. Note that while they can be both taken by the spoonful (and they taste great this way too – check out the reviews).
The best part about the Premium Edible Oils is that they come in 2 varieties!
Balance has a mild nutty flavour and is a great substitute for your regular cooking, baking, or light frying oil. This oil has a corrective 2:1 Omega-3:6 ratio making it a great everyday supplement sure to ensure optimal heart and brain health, while still being high in keytones for increased energy and weight loss. It is a great complement to a vegan, low carb, paleo, or overall health conscious diet.
Energy has a slight raspberry flavour and is a great addition to your smoothie or supplement routine, or as an addition to a raw recipe. Also formulated with a corrective Omega 3:6 ratio, this oil is not meant to be heated or used in cooking. Instead, taken by the tablespoon, or used in raw cooking this oil adds an extra burst of energy and power to your day. Take it as a part of your pre or post workout routine, or with your morning smoothie for breakfast on the go.
We couldn’t resist trying these oils ourselves and seeing what we could come up with, so we had our resident Holistic Nutritionist and Community Manager Jeannette whip up some goodies and recommend some recipes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: half a cup
- 1/4 cup Alpha Health Balance Oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2-3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt/pepper
- optional: 1/4 nutritional yeast or porchino cheese
Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Enjoy with pasta, on bread, or in your favourite appetizer.
Or, try any of the following recipes. Just replace the olive oil with Alpha Balance Oil!
1. Pasta with Walnuts, Lentils and Red Peppers from Oh She Glows
2. Wild Salmon Roasted in Olive Oil and Herbs from Kalyn’s Kitchen
3. Maple Dijon Salad Dressing from Vegan Family Recipes
4. Olive Oil & Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream from This Rawsome Vegan Life
5. Rosemary Olive Oil Cake from 101 Cookbooks
Black Forest Freezer Fudge
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 plateful
- 1/2 cup Alpha Health Energy Oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup agave or other sweetener, to taste
- optional garnishes: coconut flakes, dried berries, slivered almonds
Combine all ingredients except garnish and stir well. Pour into a tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle toppings. Freeze for 1 hour. Enjoy!
Note: This should be stored in the freezer and otherwise enjoyed immediately or it will melt!
Or, try any of the following recipes. Just add 1 tbsp Alpha Energy Oil for an energy boost or replace all of the oil with Alpha Energy Oil!
1. Tropical Raspberry Lime Zinger from Oh She Glows
2. DIY Endurance Gels from Lululemon Blog
3. Raspberry Mocha Protein Shake from SkinnyMom
4. Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding from The Healthy Maven
5. Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette from Will Cook for Smiles