Mmmm… green smoothies. A daily staple of at least one socialnature staff member, green smoothies pack a great nutritional punch for an easy breakfast on the go. We love them because they are infinitely customizable, take less than 10 minutes to make, and look gorgeous in a mason jar. What’s not to love?
Recently, our friends at Organika gave us some great swag including some of their awesome Organic Greens Powder. We love this stuff because it’s an All-in-One Green Superfood with ingredients from 17 different fruit, vegetable, and herb based sources. It tastes great on it’s own just mixed with water, but we wanted to do something different, and take this to the next level. Who can resist cherries and vanilla for breakfast?
Dreamy Vanilla Cherry “Green” Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 x 2 cup smoothie servings
- 1.5 cups of pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 packet/scoop of Organika Organic Greens Powder or your favourite greens powder
- 2 tbsp of hemp or chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of water or milk (or non-dairy milk of your choice – we prefer almond milk!)
- Optional: 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (ideally plant based!)
Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend away! Should fill two 2 cup mason jars. Pack one to go for later or share with a friend!